Bella Hadid Talks 18th Birthday Plans in Lucky Magazine November ...



Posted Tuesday October 21, 2014 5:13 PM GMT




It’s an exciting time for Bella Hadid as she’s settling in at Manhattan’s New School and gearing up for making her mark on the modeling industry.


In her interview with Lucky magazine, the college freshman says can’t wait to follow in her older sister Gigi’s footsteps and she recently signed a contract with IMG Models.


But first she’s going to celebrate her 18th birthday- “I think I’m going to go back to LA for the weekend and visit my mom. I can’t wait to see her. It’s the first year that I’ve been away from my family, and all of my friends are away at college in different places, so we’re all separated. It’s going to be weird to not have everyone together, but I’m glad that they’re all doing their own thing.”


Following her move from SoCal to NYC, Bella definitely noticed some major differences- “Well, I’m from Malibu and Malibu and New York are so different. It’s crazy to live on the beach my whole life and now be in an apartment building on the street. But I think that I’ve always been a city girl at heart, so it’s nice to finally be here and be able to take taxis and do things like that. In Malibu you just kind of take your car around and go to the beach. I love it here.”


And if she ever needs something to wear, Hadid just raids her big sis Gigi’s closet- “We used to not really share that much, but she’s been in New York for two years now, so her style has really evolved, too. I’ll go over to her place and scavenge through her closet. She has so many things now that if I pick something out she probably won’t notice. And if she does, she’ll probably let me borrow it. Our styles are getting a lot more similar as we get older, and since we’re so close in age and we fit into each other’s clothing, it’s cool that we can borrow from each other. It’s like having two separate closets.”




Komentar