Halle Berry: I'm Not "Always Going to be the Sexy Ingénue ...



Posted Tuesday October 28, 2014 2:45 PM GMT




Though she’s never been a slouch in the fashion department, Halle Berry says her husband Olivier Martinez has helped her step up her sartorial standards in recent years.


The “Monster’s Ball” actress told Yahoo! Style, "I have definitely changed as a result of being married to a French husband."


"French women would not put their sweats on and run out to the market. So I care more about what I wear out of the house, because if not, he calls me out on it. They put a lot of energy into their outerwear, but also their underwear. They're not going to get caught in an emergency room without being prepared."


Berry recently re-launched Scandale Paris, a decades-old French lingerie line. "[My mother] said if I don't want my boobs to hit my knees by the time I'm 30, always wear a bra, even to bed. I don't think I'm using my sex symbol image, if that's what you want to call it, to sell the line. I'm not the model, so no I'm not trying to use that part of me at all."


And now that she’s well into her 40s, Halle feels like it’s time to reinvent herself- "I think both actors and actresses face this. It's not just women. As an actor you face having to age and redefine yourself. The roles you were able to play before, you can't play anymore. So you have to adapt and play a different role.”


“And as actresses, we need to accept that we're not always going to be the sexy ingénue, but hopefully we get better with age."




Photo Credit: Yahoo! Style




Komentar